Just sent in: ‘Postponed tour’

I just got a mail with an interesting subject and I thought, you would like to send in your comment?

The mail comes from Teri and was allowed to be published here. So here is what it’s about:

I understand they are trying to reschedule, however, some of us could really use the money right now that is tied up in tickets.

I would probably buy new tickets when rescheduled, but for now, they have to understand people needs.

Thank you.

If you would like to leave a comment, you can do so below!*

*As we all know about common sense and netiquette, all comments will be monitored by me, before they are published here.

Advertisements

13 thoughts on “Just sent in: ‘Postponed tour’

• February 18, 2021 at 2:08

There wont be full sold out concerts here in the USA anytime soon.

Many people dont even live in the same city anymore.

The money should be refunded.

When they finally reschedule, they will have no problem selling new tickets.

Not right to hold peoples money this long.

• February 18, 2021 at 10:30

@Teri, @Robert:

I second that.

But who is ‘they’? Is it the band or the ticket sellers (TM) or the tour-ensurance? Or still something else… or all at once?

I think, the first move towards refunds can be expected to come from the band.

• February 20, 2021 at 23:41

I have tickets to the San Diego show for the 2020 tour which was postponed. Will The Stones play there in 2021 (or 2022) if the virus imposed delay continues? I’ll be there in a heartbeat if only I knew the plan.
    Do we know anything specific about the rescheduling of the 2020 tour?

• February 21, 2021 at 23:12

San Diego was the one show that was outright cancelled….refunds were issued. We got our refund in September I think.

• February 21, 2021 at 1:50

Where is the email?

• February 22, 2021 at 18:56

Hi Marc,

which email did you ask for?

• February 21, 2021 at 3:33

I refunded a ticket for the Louisville show. Ticketmaster honored the ticket price, but I ate the $40 or so ticket fees.

• February 22, 2021 at 9:47

The San Diego venue where the Stones were to perform in 2020 has been torn down. All tickets were refunded by Ticketmaster. Next time Stones return it will have to be at Petco Park, a baseball stadium.

• February 22, 2021 at 17:41

I am ok with holding my ticket as long as it takes to re-schedule. This was not a planned event. (covid-19). If the tickets are refunded. One can assume the tour is cancelled. If the tour is cancelled who is to say there will even be another tour. As long as I have my ticket in hand there is a possibility of seeing my favorite band again.

• February 24, 2021 at 10:09

Hi Stones Fans,

i am afrayd, that the stones wont play in 2021 and 2022; they really shoud refund the tickets, no right to keep our money that long …..

• February 26, 2021 at 20:05

Have tickets to 4 shows that were paid for a long time ago. I will wait it out unless they obviously change the status from postponed to cancelled. But until them I’m staying IN.

• February 27, 2021 at 0:05

Purchased tickets and event protection insurance along w/event protection insurance ($1,425) from Vivid Seats for the May 29, 2020 for the No Filter Tour. Notification concert was postponed on March 17, 2020; no other updates have been sent. “Numerous” attempts for receive a refund from Vivid have been unsuccessful. It wasn’t until April 14, 2020 that event protection provider, Allianz Global Assistance, stated: “Our travel protection plans generally do not cover losses related to COVID-19″. State of Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued a proclamation amending Executive Order GA-28 relating to mass gatherings in Texas during the disaster posed by the novel coronavirus not until July 23, 2020. This is a convenient way for both the event sponsor and insurance company to hold my money in limbo for a highly unreasonable amount of time. I am retired, on a fixed income, and cannot afford to allow $1,425.00 to be held in for an excessive/undetermined period of time, as it remains uncertain when the event will be rescheduled or cancelled.

• February 28, 2021 at 6:39

If the concert was cancelled then refunds were given. If the concert was postponed then no refunds given, which means the concert will take place in the future or change to cancelled status, then a refund is in order. It’s been explained previously, pretty simple.