June 23 – recommended reads
- Rolling Stone: The Rolling Stones Triumph in Chicago Comeback Show – Mick Jagger – in prime hip-shaking, troubadour-trapping fight mode – dismisses all health concerns as summer tour begins
The show was a triumph for the World’s Greatest Rock & Roll Band, with Mick prancing all over the stadium in prime hip-shaking, troubadour-trapping fight mode.
- Rolling Stone: The Rolling Stones on How They Craft the Perfect Set List – What’s Keith’s favorite show-opener? Why doesn’t Mick like playing “Beast of Burden?” The band shares how they plan a gig ahead of their U.S. tour launch
- ABCnews – Jagger appears healthy as Rolling Stones rock Soldier Field – An energetic Mick Jagger skipped, spun, sprinted and pranced Friday night as the Rolling Stones launched their North American tour at Chicago’s Soldier Field. The 75-year-old showed no sign of ill health three months after the tour was postponed because a doctor said he required medical treatment.
- chicago.suntimes.com – Joking Jagger shines a light on Ed Burke during Stones’ show at Soldier Field – The legendary singer saluted Mayor Lori Lightfoot while poking fun at the indicted alderman without missing a beat.
nbcchicago.com – Mick Jagger Shouts Out Lori Lightfoot, Jabs at Ed Burke During Rolling Stones Show – The Rolling Stones kicked off a U.S. tour at Chicago’s Soldier Field on Friday night
- thedailybeast.com – Jagger Triumphant As Rolling Stones Kick Off Tour in Chicago – It appears Jagger’s health crisis has given purpose to what could have been just another nostalgia trip.
- stereogum.com – Watch The Rolling Stones Play Rarity “Sad Sad Sad” In First Show Since Mick Jagger’s Heart Surgery –